So, what is the Liebster Award?
One of a few different blogging awards floating around the internet (see our post on the Blogger Recognition Award here!), the Liebster Award is a great way to recognise fellow bloggers for their achievements.
Part of this award is presenting nominees with a series of questions. Here are my answers!
What is your favorite part about being a blogger?
It’s super cliché, but I absolutely love the blogging community. Even if I’m having a terrible day in the “real world,” I can join a Twitter chat or read some inspiring posts by some of my favourite bloggers (check out my top 10 here!).
How does your blog make an impact on your readers or even on yourself?
I’d like to think For the Sake of Good Taste makes an impact on our readers, but I *technically* don’t have any proof thereof. Chime in in the comments to prove me wrong! As for me, it gives me a creative outlet beyond what I publish elsewhere and gives me a way to share what I know with people around the world (and, hopefully, help them out in the process, whether they need a recipe or want to start a bullet journal!).
What would you or others say is your biggest strength?
I specifically texted a friend for this one. According to her: “Biggest strength is your love for all animals. That’s a huge strength.” So there you have it!
What accomplishment are you proudest of?
My book is probably my proudest moment overall! As for blog-specific accomplishments, launching this site (my second blog, if you’re just tuning in!) was such a major accomplishment!
What is the best advice someone has ever given you?
Writer’s block doesn’t exist. I’ve gotten this advice from a few different places, but it holds true. You have thoughts on something, so you can write it. If you can’t express it in writing, you probably need to improve your writing (strongly paraphrased from Stephen King, I believe!).
Who or what inspires you the most?
In terms of blogging, my fellow bloggers are my strongest inspirations! Reading through their posts or tweets inevitably motivates me to write my own!
As for my everyday life, probably my cat. Hear me out. If I don’t want to do homework, I remember: I need to do well in school so I get a degree and can give Fitz a better life. What better motivation is there??
What is your favorite movie or book?
Please don’t make me choose. How about an assortment?
- A vast majority of Disney (especially Beauty and the Beast, Meet the Robinsons, and Tangled)
- Breakfast at Tiffany’s
- Dirty Dancing
- Breakfast at Tiffany’s (Capote is my favourite!)
- Pride and Prejudice
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up
- The Great Gatsby
If you could pick up and move anywhere in the world, where would you go?
What type of cookie best describes you and why?
- You got: Christmas Cookie
You’re a star! Joy probably isn’t your middle name, but it is an emotion you frequently experience. Seriously, you’re so fun to be around that literally every day with you is like Christmas. Lucky you.
- I may not be the most joyful person (really, I’m incessantly cynical), but my choice in animals wearing sweaters seems to say otherwise.
Coffee or tea?
Now, I know there is literally an endless list blogs that are deserving of this award. With that in mind, who am I to choose? So, are you a blogger reading this post? Consider this your nomination! Comment below that you’re in and we’ll list you officially. Happy blogging!
If you’d like to accept a nomination for the Liebster Award, here are your questions:
- What has been your most significant accomplishment as a blogger?
- What’s the story behind your blog name?
- If you were a dog, what breed would you be?
- Coke or Pepsi?
- How do you find inspiration for new blog posts?
- Who are your three favourite bloggers of all time?
- What’s your favourite colour?
- If you could only wear one outfit for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What’s your favourite blog post you’ve written?
- What’s one thing your readers may not know about you?