Thank you to Kitty of Kitty’s Closet and More for the nomination! I’m super excited to accept the Blogger Recognition Award.
The rules of this award are:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created
How did For the Sake of Good Taste begin?
Way back in 2015, I began Thoughts, Opinions, and Everything In Between, my first lifestyle blog. I’d dabbled in blogging before, but never truly went through with it until this site.
Two years later, the site was in need of a new beginning. In that process, For the Sake of Good Taste was born! This new site has allowed me to narrow my focus a bit, giving me more opportunities to really help you, my wonderful readers. At the same time, the site is a lifestyle blog in the truest sense, allowing for a range of topics and freedom to write about so many different things.
What would I tell a brand-new blogger?
1. Forget about perfectionism.
Like I advise new bullet journalers, it’s absolutely critical to leave your perfectionism behind. Eventually, you have to hit that “schedule” button or upload your new logo. Your blog is on the internet for everyone to see. I get it.
But, if you ever want to grow as a blogger, you need to take that chance. Be like Elphaba:
Close your eyes and leap.
2. Do it your way.
Got your show tunes covered? Time to start channelling Sinatra.
There is so much blogging advice on the internet. Pick a specific niche. Post this many times a week. Post on these social media channels at these times.
Pick and choose some of this advice. But remember that this is your blog and you are your own boss. If something every other blogger seems to swear by isn’t working for you? Don’t do it!
First, a disclaimer. I know plenty of wonderful bloggers, but I’ve run into issues in the past where someone will be nominated for an award half a dozen times. In the interest of spreading the love and making sure I found bloggers who hadn’t been previously nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award, I reached out on social media. It started off slowly, but nominations were soon piling in! I had a difficult time choosing, so it came down solely to which blogs lined up most with For the Sake of Good Taste in terms of content and target audience. By no means does that make the others lesser blogs, and you should definitely check them out in the honourable mention below!
Without further ado, in no particular order:
- Liu Miao of A Word with Liu Miao
- Mackenzie of Just My Unscripted Life
- Misha of Misha K
- Kim of Simply Being Kim
- Courtney of Modest Deposits
- Veronica of Vern Saves the World
- Madison of The Classic Madison
- Sakshi of Capturing Sunshine
- Brea of It’s Brea Stewart
- Lucy of The Thyroid Damsel
- The incredible family of All We Do Is Wander
- Adi of Simply Adi
- La Toya of Thoughts of a Woman Revealed
- Kristen of The Life of a Step Mother
- Keisha of Wonita Christine
And the runners-up sites:
- Lauren Ashley Designs
- Lola.Lolita archives
- Deal With Mental Illness